Descripción de empleo
We are looking for a MSc or Ph. D in Plant Breeding with 3 years of demonstrated working experience in Vegetable Crops Breeding (preferably with Melon or Cucurbits programs) to lead one of our Melon Breeding program in our R&D station in Barcelona, Spain.
Cabrera de Mar (Barcelona), Spain
▪ Lead, execute and optimize the Melon breeding program for the Western Hemisphere by using the appropriate methodologies and support breeding technologies to achieve the company results.
▪ Propose, implement and asses breeding strategies according to available resources and budget.
▪ Participate and contribute in research project teams when relevant for the breeding goals or target markets.
▪ Set up Melon trials in our breeding stations, working jointly with Fito’s development personnel in different countries.
▪ Work in Spain in close collaboration with the commercial teams to promote varieties and organize successful market introductions.
▪ Identify promising results from different fields of research and integrate them in the breeding program.
▪ Translate market requirements and future needs along with Marketing and Sales into breeding goals to generate successful new products.
▪ Long-term commitment with a rapidly-growing company located in Barcelona, ranked as one of the Best European cities in quality of life.
▪ Remuneration package (Fix salary + bonus) will be fixed depending on experience and skills provided by candidates. (A company car is included)
Education and Experience required:
▪ MSc or Ph.D. in Plant Breeding or relevant fields
▪ At least five years of working experience in commercial plant breeding.
▪ Demonstrated experience in Vegetable Crops Breeding.
▪ Strong background in plant breeding, genetics, field plot technique, molecular biology, and molecular marker application to plant breeding.
▪ Good communication skills and ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
▪ English as a working language. (written and verbal is required)
▪ Demonstrated experience in Melon Breeding Programs will be a plus
Skills and Competences required:
▪ Leadership skills
▪ Demonstrated success in technical proficiency and collaboration with others
▪ Excellent managerial and organizational skills
▪ Ability to balance multiple tasks and achieve milestones
▪ Ability to work with different team-based environments with multidisciplinary teams
▪ Effective verbal communication skills
▪ Willingness to change permanent residence to Spain, in Barcelona.
▪ Willingness to travel frequently national and international.
Si estás interesado en esta oferta, rellena el siguiente formulario