Researcher in Plant Cell Biology for the Biotech Research Unit
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
We are looking for a Research Scientist with experience in Plant Cell Biology to lead and manage projects focused on the development and optimization of Double haploid protocols in close collaboration with the Biotech Applied Unit.
Location: Cabrera de Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Reporting to Biotech Research Manager:
▪ To propose, manage and lead research projects in Cell Biology in Vegetables, especially focused on the generation of Double haploid lines
▪ To organize and lead project progress meetings of the project team
▪ To communicate and update on results and the project progress at different levels of the company
▪ To develop and propose innovative approaches to reach the marked milestones
▪ To attend national and international conferences and report on the new advances and the state-of-the-art of Research in the context of Cell Biology.
▪ To get in contact with public researchers and groups to establish collaborations
▪ To work closely together with the Biotech Applied Unit of Cell Biology, leading a swift and efficient transfer of the results into routine use.
▪ To provide assistance to the end users of the Biotech Applied Unit in the application of the developed tools and to give support for solving problems.
▪ Commitment with a rapidly-growing company
▪ Remuneration according to skills and experience
▪ Integration in a young and highly motivated team of the Biotechnology Unit of the company
Education and Experience required:
▪ PhD in Biology, Biotechnology or similar
▪ Experience in Plant Cell Biology, Cell Culture techniques, Double Haploid protocols
▪ Development of experimental designs, statistical analysis
▪ Good English and Spanish language skills are required
▪ Good communication skill
▪ Integration and Team work as well as independent task execution
▪ High organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks
▪ Availability to travel
Following Experiences and merits will be evaluated positively
▪ Experience in working with vegetable crops
▪ Basic skills in Project Management
▪ Basic knowledge of MS Project
If you are interested in this offer, fill out the following form